This site / store is owned and operated by Hall’s Garden Supplies ("GardenSite", "we" or "us") Head office: 209 Chester Rd, Castle Bromwich, Birmingham, B36 0ET. Vat No: GB 109 6996 27. It is operated from and all correspondence should be addressed to Hall’s Garden Supplies, 211 Chester Rd, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B73 5BD. If you want to ask us anything about these terms & conditions or have any comments or complaints on or about our website or in store, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0121 355 7701.
These terms & conditions set out the basis on which you can visit and use our website and purchase goods or services in store. They apply equally to both except where they obviously only apply to one or are indicated explicitly as only applying to one. Please read them carefully as they contain important information.
- Ownership of Rights All rights, including copyright, logos and domain names in our website and displayed in store are owned by or licensed to Hall’s Garden Supplies. Any use of this website or our company name and or logo’s, the website’s content, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without our permission. You may not modify, distribute or re-post anything on our website for any purpose.
- Accuracy of Content We have taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website, and in the display of goods in store. In particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at time of publishing and all products have been fairly described. However, orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised in store or on our website. All prices are displayed inclusive of VAT. Packaging may vary from that shown. The weights, dimensions and capacities given are approximate only. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on the website. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this website or in store. We shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this website or in store. Content may change without notice
- Damage to your Computer We make every effort to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible through it won't cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the website and screen out anything that may damage it. We shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
- Availability All items are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the goods you have ordered are not available. Please see delivery information at the end of these terms and conditions for more details.
- Delivery Charges (distance selling via GardenSite only) For most orders the cost of delivery is built into the price, but in the event you cancel your order after despatch you may be responsible for paying any costs incurred by us or our suppliers/manufacturers in collecting the order. Please see delivery information at the end of these terms and conditions for more details.
- Delivery Charges (in store only) We will quote you on an individual basis dependant upon distance and the type of goods involved. Please see delivery information at the end of these terms and conditions for more details.
- Acknowledgment and Acceptance of your Order (distance selling via GardenSite only) If you have supplied us with your email address, you will automatically receive email confirmation of receipt of your order. For larger items, including garden buildings, greenhouses, barbecues and furniture we will also post out written confirmation. At this point the contract for our sale and your purchase of the goods shall be made and the contract shall be formed at the place from which our acceptance email or written confirmation is sent to you. If you have not supplied us with your email address, our confirmation of order page at the end of our ordering process will act as confirmation that we have received your order. No contract will be formed until you receive confirmation from us that we have accepted your order.
- Cancellation Right (distance selling via GardenSite only) You have the legal right to cancel your order within seven working days of receipt of the goods (with the exception of flowers, products cut from a roll or similar, bespoke products and products made to order items such as wooden garden buildings and Elite greenhouses). For details of how to exercise this right please see information at the end of these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to charge for any collections/ cancellation after an order has left for dispatch through no fault of our own.
- Links to Other Websites We have placed links on this website to other websites we think you may want to visit. We do not vet these websites and do not have any control over their contents. We cannot accept any liability in respect of the use of these websites.
- Exclusions of Liability Any disclaimers and exclusions of liability in these terms & conditions shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of ourselves or any of our employees or agents or fraud. These disclaimers and exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. If any provisions of these disclaimers and exclusions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Other Legal Notices There may be legal notices on other areas of this website which relate to your use of this website, all of which will, together with these terms & conditions govern your use of this website.
- Changes to Legal Notices We reserve the right to change these terms & conditions from time to time and you should look through them as often as possible.
- Use of this Website from outside the UK and purchase of goods in store for use outside of the UK Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this website or sold in store are directed solely at those who access our services from the United Kingdom mainland. We make no representation that any products or services referred to in the materials on this website or offered in store are appropriate for use, or available, in other locations. Those who choose to access the website from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- Law, Jurisdiction and Language This website, our stores and any content contained within and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website or stores are governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. The parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS PLEASE LEAVE OUR WEBSITE OR DO NOT PURCHASE ANY GOODS OR SERVICES IN STORE
Halls Garden Supplies 2012. All rights reserved.
Further details of our services can be found below.
Official Orders- In the UK we accept official orders from all Government departments and councils, the MOD, schools, local and higher education authorities, hospitals and health authorities, Times 100 companies and approved credit accounts.
We also accept official orders from USA government and miliatary bodies, as well as other overseas governments. Goods exported outside the UK, and to certain approved bodies may be invoiced or charged at zero VAT in line with current rulings providing the necessary signed paperwork is available. Our VAT number is: GB 109 6996 27. Should you wish to order please e-mail, fax or post your signed official order and we will invoice accordingly.
Orders and enquiries to;
GardenSite Customer Services Team,
Hall’s Garden Supplies,
211 Chester Road,
Phone: 0044 (0)121 355 7701
Fax: 0044 (0)121 355 7703
Delivery (distance selling via GardenSite only) we aim to deliver most, smaller items within 5 working days. This will normally be by Royal Mail. If we anticipate a delay of more than 14 days we will contact you to see whether you are prepared to wait. Barbecues are held in stock at the distributors who arrange delivery on our behalf. The normal delivery time for these is approximately 3-7 working days. Wooden garden sheds are made especially for you. As such delivery times are dependant upon the manufacturers workload. However 2-3 weeks is the norm. Metal sheds, plastic sheds and greenhouses are again delivered direct to you from the supplier or importers. Normal delivery is approximately 2-3 weeks but please allow 28 days. However this can be up to 10 weeks in the case of some bespoke Elite greenhouses. If lead-time is critical to you then please contact us prior to placing your order. This is for guidance only and is subject to change without notice or recompense. We cannot under any circumstances accept responsibility for delay in installation or any costs incurred by you due to delayed delivery as this is outside of our control. Dependant upon the nature of the item delivery may be to kerbside only. This is at the drivers / manufacturers discretion.
Next Working Day Delivery
Orders placed on Friday will be delivered on the next working day which is Monday. We cannot accept liability for items not delivered by our couriers on time and would recommend that you do not engage contractors etc until you are in physical possession of the goods.
Delivery (instore only) When your order your goods we will, where ever possible give you an indication of the day of your delivery and whether it will be a.m. or p.m. This is for guidance only and is subject to change without notice or recompense. Goods are normally kerbside delivery only. We will only enter or drive on to your property, at the discretion of our driver and with your permission. Our liability is only extended to that which it has to be in law.
Your right to cancel If you order over the phone or online you have the legal right to cancel your order within seven working days of receipt of the goods (with the exception of Flowers and Made to Order items). Where goods are delivered to a third party (e.g. as a gift) you will only be able to exercise this right if you are able to return to us the goods you ordered.
Missing items / damaged parts In the event of missing or damaged parts then we will endeavour to rectify the problem as soon as possible but in some circumstances we may not be able to do so straight away as parts may have to be sent from outside of the UK or manufactured for you. We cannot under any circumstances accept responsibility for delay in installation or any costs incurred by you due to faulty or missing parts as this is outside of our control. However we will do our utmost to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Note: Greenhouse glass will be securely crated for delivery OUTSIDE of the UK, or overseas, but we cannot be held responsible or liable for any damage or breakage to glass in transit OUTSIDE of the UK, or overseas.
You can take the item to any Hall’s Garden Supplies branch (Birmingham) by prior arrangement.
Greenhouses, Sheds, Barbecues and Garden Furniture
Once satisfactory delivery has been taken, refunds or exchanges can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. You have up to seven working days after taking delivery to inform us you require a refund. Please call our Customer Service team on 0121 355 7701 or by email at email@example.com who will inform you of collection options and explain our refunds process. You will be required to keep the item in a resalable condition. If we collect the item from you we will charge you the cost of collection and any necessary repackaging or restocking costs.
A delivery day will be pre-arranged with you. It is not possible for us to contact the delivery driver when he has left. A signature is required on delivery. If you have to go out a signed note pinned to your door telling the driver where to leave the goods is acceptable as proof of delivery. Otherwise a re-delivery charge will be incurred. Once satisfactory delivery has taken place refunds or exchanges can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. If you have ordered incorrectly and require the goods to be picked up an £80.00 + VAT collection/handling charge may apply. In addition goods not returned in a satisfactory, re-saleable condition may, at the manufacturers discretion be subject to further costs, payable by you. Damage caused by yourself due to failure to read the instructions or inappropriate opening of cartons using a knife are NOT covered by covered by the manufacturers warranty.
Faulty Goods – In the unlikely event of you receiving damaged goods, this must be reported in writing to the carrier immediately, and to ourselves within 48 hours of receipt. We will then arrange a replacement.
We never make your personal details available to any company for marketing purposes, although our representatives may hold your data so that your details and/or order can be processed. We use secure server technology to safely hold your sensitive data when you transmit it to us. You privacy and security is extremely important to us. Data Protection Act 1998 Renewal for 2011-12.pdf
It is not currently our company policy to utilise cookies. However we maintain the right to use them without prior notification if we deem it necessary. Cookies are small pieces of information, which are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. These cookies will never store any details relating to you or your credit card.
VAT is chargeable in line with current UK legislation and on commission received from selling something on behalf of someone else. For ease of understanding commission may be referred to as deposit so it is understood a balance is required.
Recycling electrical and electronic products On 1 July 2007, new government regulations called the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations came into force to encourage people to arrange collection or recycling of old electrical products, rather than throwing them away. The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK. Recycling reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill. Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled. The simplest way to recycle is to take recyclable goods to your local councils domestic waste recycling centre; details can be found for local councils on http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/index.htm.
We also offer a free in store take back service so you are able to take any products we sell to any of our stores. It doesn't matter if you didn't purchase the equipment from us - we'll still take it back. All electrical products purchased via distance selling from one of our websites can also be taken back to one of our stores for recycling, or alternatively we can offer a collection service for a charge of £20.00. This covers the cost of administration and transport.
Hall's World of Christmas
Halls World of Christmas is banner under which we are going to unite our drive for increased local footfall at our garden centres, with particular initial emphasis on our New Oscott, Sutton Coldfield garden centre. We will target December, but will start on the last full weekend in November. The rapid increase in online sales has enabled Hall's Garden Supplies to buy more and varied product at better rates. We now have the opportunity to showcase this to our local customers through the timely addition of The Garden Room (formerly The Place 2B).
Free delivery of real Christmas trees locally. B72 / B73 / B74 / B23 / B24 / B44 are all free delivery postcodes. All other areas are normally £7.00, but reduced to £5.00 under this promotion.
Fresh and simple food 'to go' cooked in The Garden Room. Jacket potatoes, burgers, mulled wine, mince pies and more.
Covered walkway across the back of the bungalow leading towards the back entrance to The Garden Room.
We will also incorporate a large covered marquee over the 'Apta' pots display area. This will become a selling area for real Christmas trees.
A second marquee on The Garden Room patio is also under discussion.
Live donkeys and reindeers.
Incorporating the 'garage' into a sales area, possibly for food, but also as a base for a garage sale?
Added Christmas display lighting.
A preview night for family, friends and regular customers.
Product displays and tastings by Terra Rosa and Cottage Delight.
Large Christmas trees on pallets for the car park.
Ammendments to the lych gate sign.
Additional 3m x 4m side on The Garden Room building.
Changes to the signage at the entrance of The Garden Room.
Starting a pool of local e-mail addresses.
An overall policy for risk assement was discussed at our meeting on 07.10.2011. This was attended by all partners plus senior management totalling 8 people. It is our intention to create a better shopping environment for our local customers and a better work space for all at Hall's Garden Supplies. By increasing the amount of under cover space we hope to achieve this but realise the increased risks that it will also bring. Illumination, steps, tripping hazards, heating, parking and information are all areas we discussed in detail. Other risks were also highlighted. This area will be re-visited and Carl Ferris will be called in to do make specific risk assesments closer to the opening time.
National Garden Gift Vouchers are the perfect gift idea for anyone that loves their outdoor space. We accept vouchers instore only and our partner page can be found online.
By creating a profile on or using any of the Trustpilot websites including, but not limited to www.trustpilot.com, www.trustpilot.co.uk, www.trustpilot.nl, (the ”Website”) you accept their guidelines for processing personal data on the Website.
Details can be found on http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/privacy
When you create a profile on the Tustpilot Website, we collect the following master data: Your username, your password and your email address. The purpose of the collection of this information is to identify you as user when you log on to the Website. Furthermore, you can choose to add more information to your profile, such as your photo and demographical information.
When you make a review of any company, trustpilot collect the information you state in the review, including which company you review, which purchase(s) the review concerns, and how you evaluate the company.